So although I haven't been blogging about all my fall creations, a common theme in our house has been cranberries and walnuts, with warm spices like cinnamon and nutmeg and cloves.
Today for some reason, I wasn't so in the mood to be in the kitchen. Perhaps because I had to be - we are having Davids Mom over for dessert - I don't create easily under pressure!
However, turns out I do create well under pressure, this cake may be my most favorite treat I've made in months.
Cranberry Walnut Upside Down Cake
1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
1 cup walnuts, chopped
1 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. coconut oil
2 1/2 cups almond flour
2 tbsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 cups canned pure pumpkin
4 large eggs
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup coconut oil
1. Combine the topping ingredients in a bowl, warming the ingredients slightly to ensure they are well combined. Cover the bottom of a 9" round pan with parchment paper. Put the topping mixture in the pan.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
3. Combine the wet ingredients well - blend for 2 minutes until very smooth.
4. Combine the dry ingredients.
5. Mix the wet into the dry. Pour the batter evenly over the topping mixture. Bake for approximately 50 minutes. Remove the cake and slide a knife around the sides of the pan to loosen the cake. Let cool for about 20 minutes before flipping the cake onto a pretty pan platter. Enjoy :)