Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Ice Dream

I live in a small town, called Cochrane. Cochrane lives outside a really big city called Calgary. Although Cochrane is beautiful in itself, being that it's just an hour from the mountains and surrounded by a gorgeous river valley, Cochrane felt the need to up the anty a bit. So what did it do? It became the home to a very famous ice cream shop known as MacKay's.

Before I went dairy free, I tried the ice cream from MacKay's, and it's awesome. Super creamy, sweet but not heavy, made from real ingredients the old fashion way. The ice cream at MacKay's totally warrants the line ups on hot summer days, as well as the line ups you see on a mild day in February.

So, I decided to do something about it. Do something for myself about it. I created Ice Dream - many flavours have been enjoyed but tonight I'll post about the Dark Chocolate Ice Dream - that is my fave.


Dark Chocolate Ice Dream

Ingredients:

1 can of full fat coconut milk
Same amount of soy or almond milk
1/2 cup - 3/4 cup of agave nectar
Splash of Vanilla
1/2 cup - 1 cup of pure cocoa powder

Directions:
1. Blend all the ingredients together - either in a blender or using an emulsion blender.
2. Add the cocoa and agave little by little tasting as you go. Once you reach the desired taste, pour the mixture into the ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's instructions.

No comments: